Protein bars found in the store or online, for the most part, are glorified candy bars. That is, unless you choose carefully. With this recipe, it's guaranteed healthy!
- Ready Time :
- 6-8 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
1. Mix together the protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, honey and milk.
2. Form into 5 bars and then roll in the crushed peanuts to finish.
3. Place in the fridge for about 30 mins
1. You can also swap the protein for Shakeology.
2. Use more or less protein/Shakeology, just somewhere between 6-8 scoops, your choice.
3. I use agave nectar instead of honey, personal preference. I also use only 1 tablespoon, again personal preference. Tweak the recipe to suit you!
4. The nutritional information is approximate. I calculate my own using the ingredients I prefer, but this will give you a good idea.
Servings Per Recipe:
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: mg
- Total Carbs: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- Protein: 50g